Friday, January 4, 2008

Stash Enhancement!

I'm in the middle of moving from Montreal back home to Ottawa, which here means that 90% of my stuff is still in Montreal, and I have just the bare necessities here: some clothes, toiletries, some waaaay backstash yarn (like, that I bought before moving to Montreal 6 years ago), and my "spare" needles. I have a pretty inclusive set in Montreal, so what I have here consists of doubles and mismatches. All my Christmas knitting is done. There's only so much a girl can do with 8 balls of bulky, navy blue, acrylic yarn.

Stash enhancement was in order! My mom and I went to the Ottawa Yarn Forward and came out some 45 minutes later with...



The Lang was on sale. And I had no stashed sock yarn. Well... only two balls, and that's practically none! The Arequipa was pretty! And soft! And pretty!

And the Fleece Artist. Oh dear. I wanted to knit a Frivol. Ever since seeing Pam's, I've been itching to cast on. Except there was the whole not-having-any-yarn bit. So I scoured Yarn Forward for the perfect yarn. I held skein after skein against my tweedy grey coat. And then the Fleece Artist called to me. "Look at me, Erin. Aren't I just the perfect colour to match that coat? Come feel me." That Fleece Artist is one smooth operator. He put a dent in my pocket and made me wrestle him for nearly an hour, but we now have ball! Two luscious, fuschia balls of ready-for-the-knitting yarn.



Oh yeah.

No comments: