Sunday, September 2, 2007

I just joined the Knitting Lingerie Style-along this morning, with a Type Pad guest account. The post page is almost identical to blogger, as you can see below...

Nice - back in the day, blogger made you host images on your own space. This sure beats linking to my own, ancient geocities account.

My boyfriend (we'll call him L!) opines that even if my old digital isn't broken, it sucks too hard to bother using. Instead, he suggests I use his for my crafty pictures. He's suggested this in the past, but I still haven't seen heads or tails of the camera in question. ^^ Granted, his is way better, and not all glitchy; I was using it for my Etsy pictures a few months ago. My three Etsy items went and expired, no sales to date. If I do get ahold of a camera, I'll be posting the orange purse.

Non sequiteur: Yesterday I had three nuns come in to ask me for the Scrabble dictionary. Sadly, I had to send them elsewhere, but it kind of tickled me.

My (short-term) hopes and plans currently include:
-a trip to the Dressmaker shop for interfacing etc for the Basic Bra
-a sewing machine to magically appear in my apartment
-find an apartment! preferably before my parents stop helping me with rent
-to get some kind of helpful response from the Fibre Arts department!

I'm also working myself around to inviting the nice girl at Dressmaker out for coffee or something. I like her and I like to talk to her, so... I want to be her friend! But is asking another girl to coffee weird? Does it imply, like, a pre-date ritual? I wouldn't invite her to my apartment (not even after L and I cleaned the whole place - and it looks great!), because I don't like hanging out there when I can avoid it. Oh my. Making new friends has always been a source of awkwardness and confusion for me. If you don't already know someone, how do you get to know them? How do you bridge the gap between stranger (or even acquaintance) and friend? Of course, maintaining friendships is equally problematic for me, so that indicates... who knows!

On a quasi-related note, I should (will?) go by the knitting store and see if they know of a needlecraft group I can join. Between yoga and knitting, I'm bound to find a friendly someone!

Today I started making a coin-purse/card-holder out of a pale green leather belt. Other than making my fingertips a little numb, it seems to be turning out nicely. Now I need to pick up a zipper, too. Then I'll give it a mini carabiner clip on a bit of green lace (I have both of those... somewhere), so I can clip it to the strap of my big unwieldy bag. Every bit of organization is a deep, calming breath for me lately. I've been taking quite a few literal ones, too.

K, that's it. Bye for now!

No comments: