Saturday, September 1, 2007

My first blog entry/blog since high school! I feel persistently demoralized and unproductive, so I turn to the blog as an outlet, and semblance of interaction with other sentient beings! Angsty? Oh yeah.

Plus, I've been charmed by a number of knitting blogs I've found. Now I can post images of my WIPs and occasional FOs to fellow knitters, since my boyfriend's "yeah, that looks nice" only go so far.

On the knitting front, I've got a pair of Monkeys on the go. I'm about halfway through the second foot. I don't know how some people can pump out a pair of those in a month (or less!). These babies are at least 3 months (on and frequently off) in the making. I just started the Basic Bra from Knitting Lingerie Style, in variegated orange cotton. Once I figure out whether my old digital camera is broken or just out of batteries, I'll post some pictures. I used to be quite the shutterbug, but now I have trouble finding recent (within 5 years) pictures of myself.

The orange cotton... This will be my third attempted project with it, so here's crossing my fingers that it won't become another (*whisper*) "ufo". The first was a pretty lace wrap from Stitch n Bitch Nation, that was plugging along awesomely, until I found out I had made a huge mistake about a week's worth of knitting back, and promptly abandonned the project. Next came a pretty wrap from Knitty, but pretty doesn't necessarily make for an interesting knit, and I'm easily bored. So now the bra. Fortunately, I've already finished both cups and bands, so it's mostly finishing from here out. That entails two bra straps, buying and fusing interfacing, and *sigh* buying a sewing machine, since it doesn't look like mine is getting to me from Ottawa. Or maybe borrowing my boss lady's? *crosses fingers*

Speaking of which, I'm blogging at work, and the boss-man will be arriving soon, so this post comes to an end. Lucky for you!

Oh but ps! I also recently finished a lovely orange purse with green leaves of my own design. On a purse kick, I also made a green octagon felted bag, which desperately needs serging (again with the lack of sewing machine) and lining. I bought some cute t-rex patterned fabric for that express purpose. I also made a super cute yellow purse in the same style as the orange, but can't settle on handles. I really want wood ones, but can't find anything that charms me. So it waits.

Ok ok, first post and I already exhibit my tendency to bloat! Over and out.

No comments: