Thursday, September 20, 2007

I'm Back!

After a painfully short vacation in Ottawa, I'm back in Montreal and, accordingly, at work!

Highlights of my trip were as follows...

Genesis Concert! Not sure if this qualifies as a highlight though. My brother and I, who were raised on Phil Collins, tagged along with our parents, the Genesis fans. Not big enough fans, I guess, since neither of them recognized half the songs! :s Nevertheless, the music was good (if a little indulgent of the musicians, ie. looong instrumental interludes) and the vocals were excellent. The highlight of the show for me was a 10-minute drum-off between Collins and the second drummer(?).

On Monday I had a doctor's appointment which included two (!!) vaccinations and a pap, which was not an awesome way to start the day, but, according to my doctor, "Life sucks and then you die." =) I also discovered that I measure a mere 5'6.5"! If anyone asks though, I stand by my 5'8". I'm not squeamish about needles, but for the rest of the day the muscles in my left arm were too sore to knit! Later that afternoon I finished the first Lombard Street Sock in a dark burgundy colour. I had my mom try it on for size while I had her foot handy. The sock only took a week!! That's a serious improvement on the Monkeys, which took a year on and off. When I got home, though, I tried it on and found it loose (and my foot is bigger than hers), so I might shorten it a bit.

Also of note, I picked up the sewing machine, but haven't unpacked it. I have two books on the go, namely Millenium Hall by Sarah Scott, an 18th century novel about a female utopia, and La Guerre, Yes Sir! by Quebequois writer Roch Carrier. It's for L's Canadian postwar fiction class, but, seeing that it was small (~150 pages) and I recognized the writer, I picked it up and am thoroughly enjoying it!

I'm home home tomorrow (I've been at L's), so I'll try to post some pictures.

Bye for now!

No comments: